LUSD Equity Warriors
[Pictured Left to Right: Ms. Aranzazu Garcia, Dr. Veronica Bloomfield, Mr. Larry Reed, Ms. Shirley Davis, Dr. Patricia Brent-Sanco]
In LUSD we believe Equity means: Providing unfettered, differentiated support and access to all students; we believe it is our moral obligation to systematically provide opportunities for every student to fearlessly achieve their own personal and professional aspirations.
Responsibilities and Support Areas:
- Cultural Proficiency Training
- Character Education and Curriculum
- Title IX and Civil Rights Issues
- English Learner Instructional Programs
- After School and Enrichment Programs
- Intentional supports for targeted student populations and their parents: African American, Foster Youth, Homeless, EL, LGBTQ, and Asian Pacific Islander students.
- Leadership Academies
- Equity Plan Development
- Grading/ District Curriculum Instruction and Assessments
- Interventions for students
- Textbooks and Curricular Materials