In April, 2011, the district assembled a group of 30 administrators, teachers, parents, union officials, city officials, representatives from higher education, and current students for a three day strategic planning session. The outcomes of this gathering included a new mission statement, objectives, and strategies that will define our work for the next 5 years.
In order to move forward with this initiative, we are seeking willing volunteers to serve on ‘Action Committees’ that will meet once a month over the course of this year. The six action team committees are as follows:
- Professional Development, high expectations for staff and effective instruction and assessment data to improve student achievement
- Collaboration with family and community to identify, define, model, reinforce core values that students will be expected to demonstrate
- Improve communication among the Board of Education and all stakeholders/community groups
- Provide equal access to meaningful learning activities in order to eliminate tracking and give all students access to college preparatory/A-G curriculum
- Develop and implement a system that assists students in setting and achieving personal college and career goals
- Enhance and expand career pathways, internship opportunities and partnerships with business and higher education
For those who are interested in serving on one of the Lynwood Unified School District Action Committees please contact Griselda Rodriguez at (310) 886-1695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your participation!