Goals and Expectations
I. To facilitate the attainment of the above student achievement goals, all schools will demonstrate:
- A clear and shared focus.
- High standards and expectations for all students.
- Curriculum and Instruction aligned with State Standards.
- Frequent monitoring of teaching and learning.
- Focused professional development.
- High levels of collaboration and communication.
- Effective use of fiscal and human resources.
- A supportive learning environment.
- Effective teacher and staff evaluations.
- High levels of parent and community involvement.
Progress toward meeting these expectations will be measured annually through an evaluation portfolio containing evidence of site practices in these ten areas. In addition, for your information, the following planning cycle and tasks will be performed on a yearly basis:
- District organizes student data for each site.
- Sites analyze data and set local goals consistent with district goals, completing action plan in the form of a school effectiveness plan similar to the responsibility matrix.
- District reviews site plans for trends by level and creates plan to support site plans.
- Progress is reported at midyear and is used to project budget needs for the ensuring year according to a district responsibility matrix that supports common needs by level.
- Evidence, in the form of assessments and surveys, is collated.
- Sites report progress from previous year and create new action plans.